- Providing a favorable background on which women of Turkey can utilize their knowledge and abilities in contribution to the development of the existing political, social and economic systems in this country,
- Contributing to the development and strengthening of democracy, the rule of law, and respect to human rights and fundamental freedoms through protection of women’s rights,
- Establishing a collective consciousness in society on women’s rights and equal opportunities for balancing the domestic and social roles of women,
- Taking on as a category of interest every area that gives meaning to life in relation to women and family; from health, law, and environment to arts, sports, media and moral values,
- Supporting women in becoming productive individuals in the domestic, economic, social, and cultural lives,
- Fighting With Every Kind of Violence Against Everyone, without gender discrimination,
- Supporting organized civil society movement in their efforts related to democratic reforms, civil rights and human rights of women,
Within this framework, KADEM aims to encourage, to conduct and to disseminate research, analysis and publication in women’s issues by supporting women’s active participation in socio-cultural, economic and political arenas, by developing projects and activities targeting professional development of women and supporting development of awareness among women on their democratic rights.
- We embrace the vision of being a civil society organization which
- In line with our mission, establishes a think-tank with leading women in society working in different areas and with different expertise, helps the women of Turkey to preserve their unique values and to reach a level that would render them capable of competing with women of the world at national and international platforms,
- Is capable of enriching and easing the life of women with the solutions it generates,
- Ensures that women are active individuals not only in domestic but also in the social, cultural, political and economic arenas,
- Facilitates involvement in international cooperation with its activities related to education and women in Turkey,
- Brings national and international dimension to women’s democratic rights through cooperation with agencies and Institutions,
- Provides equal opportunities to social segments composed predominantly of disadvantaged women,
- Ensures the promotion of women studies and dissemination of socio-cultural values in Turkey.